Where to stay:
The Ciraghan Palace in Istanbul Kempinski Hotels
Great old time glamour and service – make sure to have dinner at in the old part of the palace on the terrace. It is one of the most romantic spots!
Maca Kizi in Turkbuku – super chic crowd, everyone smoking, drinking and tanning – we loved it!
Where to eat:
1. Sunset in Istanbul is THE place to be seen – try to wrangle a table
overlooking the water!
2. The Palace Terrace (at the Ciraghan Palace) for lunch – very chic with wonderful food and service.
3. The Terrace at the Maca Kizi for dinner has the best octopus ever and the soundtrack is so good that we had the DJ burn us a disc!
4. Any tavern on any tiny Greek Island you happen to sail past for lunch at 5:00pm 🙂
Where to shop:
1. The Grand Bazaar in Istanbul – don’t bother with a guide, just stick to the center of the bazaar, which is where the quality stores are. Make sure to find your way to the silver street – there’s an astonishing selection of the most fabulous pieces, it gives the Silver Vaults in London a run for its money.
2. All of the chic little beachside boutiques along the waterfront in Turkbuku – great for resort wear, bikinis and jewelry (copious amounts of which is worn with the bikinis…)