Where to stay:
Hotel Lancaster is still my favorite – low key elegance, very Parisian, with beautiful rooms in a great location. Flawless room service too.
My cousin, Alexandria Skouras’ apartment on the Left Bank – I spent a week of my honeymoon there.
Where to eat:
1. L’Ami Louis, just for the show of watching them toss your coat up onto the racks.
2. The Cristal Room at the Baccarat Museum – a fabulous space and very nice food, but the private tour, all alone, of the museum after dinner was super.
3. Brasserie Lipp is an absolute classic!
4. Anahi is fabulous for Argentinian food and great French celebrity
Where to shop:
1. No visit is complete for me without buying at least one pair of shoes at Roger Vivier, sometimes two, after lunch around the corner at Laduree.
2. Porte de Clignancourt – it makes everything else pale, and where else could one find carved Horn Bill skulls?
3. Saint James for t-shirts and sweaters.